The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday March 25, 2003 at 01:01
John Sully
Founding Member
January 2002
I strongly disagree with this approach. The device overview page can be customized with your own buttons and putting the macro actions in the device properties action tab allows the device overview to function as your home page. Take a look at my .pcf to see how this is done.

Selecting the show device right and show device left buttons in the system page properties menu allows you to use these button to scroll in between devices w/o sending the IR codes associated with the device action macros. If you define a device as hidden it will not show up in the device overview nor will it be scrolled to using the device left/right buttons. It works pretty well and even my girlfriend can understand how to work the remote.

Working this way does not prevent you from constructing an action based interface, but it is much easier to program since many of the jumps and inteface programming you need to do is automatically generated for you. Play around with the interface and don't be tied to the model you are used to from the TSU 1000/2000. The new interface works pretty well.

--John
[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse