The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday April 11, 2003 at 01:45
fcolliga
Lurking Member
April 2003
Has anyone heard of this or had the same problem? If so, I would appreciate any insight into a workaround until Philips fixes it. I searched in the Forums but found nothing about this issue.

I am having a problem with learned IR codes for a Philips Magnavox TP3684CI television. The codes function correctly, but they cannot be repeated without pressing another key first. For example, I can press "Previous Channel" and switch stations, but when I immediately press "Previous Channel" again nothing happens. I have to press another key, such as Vol+ first before "Previous Channel" will work again.

I am experiencing this problem with mutiple keys, including AV, all PIP keys, Status, A/CH, Mute, etc. I have tested all Philips and Magnavox codesets in the Pronto database -- none of them work with my TV. I have also tried importing CCF files from other Pronto users that have Magnavox TVs like mine -- none of those codes work either. I currently have learned all the codes from my original remote -- does not make a difference -- the problem persists.

I believe there is a problem somewhere in the Pronto firmware that prevents the Pronto NG from working correctly with my Magnavox TV. I would appreciate learning of any workarounds for the problem.

Thanks very much.

Hosting Services by ipHouse