Post 15 made on Monday June 30, 2003 at 14:46
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 06/30/03 14:06, Hornecker said...
Yesterday I read about that other guys discovery
about opening the PCF file as a ZIP file. Im amazed
that Philips just covers up the ZIP format by
changing the extension - Way to go Philips!!

There are several file formats that are really ZIP files (The .JAR files used for Java applications are a good example). Philips isn't doing anything unusual by making that their PCF format.

Well, when I say your latest posting, I couldn't
wait to try it out...but it didn't work :-(

Email a copy of your modified PCF file to me. If a TSU3000 really can't manage that high a frequency, or if I'm making an error in reverse engineering their format, or if something strange happens in the TSU2000 processing of this signal, then it will remain hard to crack (without a good IR learning device used together with a TSU3000). But the instructions I gave were complicated enough that maybe you just got a step wrong, which I should be able to spot by looking at the PCF file after you modified it.

BTW, have you mapped the complete code format
in the XML sheet by now ;-) (I looked at it yesterday
and couldn't make head or tail of it).

I know much more than I explained there, but much less than "complete". My only major tool is using PENG to translate from its stored format to Pronto Hex. I have deduced certain minor bugs in that translation and certain major bugs in the reverse translation, but without learning test signals from a TSU3000 to some good learning device, there is no way to be sure about the PENG bugs. There are several features of the translation that I suspect are bugs even though they are consistent in both directions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse