Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday November 26, 2003 at 20:02
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Well Peter,

You upped me once again. I could not have said it better.

The 4 individuals that Peter refers to are:

Peter, Andrea, Archer, and myself. I've had a remote since October 17 and Software since September 17. You can rest assured that we have all put the software and hardware through its paces.

I was probably the lone man out as I use WIN98SE. The release notes with the software package detail issues with WIN98SE. If you have a large CCF with lots of images, you may slow loading or out-of-memory conditions that are ALL attributed to the design of WIN98SE and not to Philips software.

If you hop over to the iPronto forum and are wondering if you will have the same problems with the 7000 that are being reported there, be assured that you will NOT.

If you are questioning a purchase of a 7000 because of the bugs reported on the 3000, DON'T.

Peter could not have said it better, this remote has been the most thoroughly tested prior to release of any Philips remote to date. I myself have logged over 100 hours on the software, particularly in the RC9200 migration and user interface areas.

If you can afford it, and can invest the time in converting existing graphics to transparent PNGs where required, it is the best $999.95 USD that you will ever spend.

Even with an RF extender the cost is still lower than the MSRP of the RC9200.

I must admit that I love the larger screen size on the RC9200.

However, I hate the contrast bars on the RC9200. I already have a version of SuperNudelist that will generate panels of 240x253 such that they can be migrated easily from a 9200 CCF. If you are interested in more info on SuperNudelist, please see the 'So You Want SuperNudelist for the 3000' thread in this forum.

Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse