Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 08/07/04 21:57, Gambo said...
I
have had offers from some folks to custom program
the relote for $250 per...a bit steep from my
perspective...

The earlier versions of the Pronto were easier to teach and program, and $250 is CHEAP to program them. It usually takes $400 - $500 for a program that "does it all," meaning it has full functioning macros, which the Pronto is capable of doing.

On 08/08/04 07:27, av_affected said...
Frankly, I'm shocked that
in this information-rich world that nobody has
a website with all gear by model # and corresponding
codes. Do I smell a business opportunity?

Who would pay? How much would this cost to create and maintain? You would have to have access to or buy every product! And then get the guy who thinks that $250 is too much to program this remote to fork over, say, $10 per component. "Just for codes," I can hear him saying right now....

But what if she
were across country?? "Trial and error"
and "learning"
would not be options!

Learning would be an option if she sent the remotes to you. I often wonder how people who read this site offer to remotely program these remotes. I always have to be onsite to tweak the macros, and occasionally a command will not learn well...actually, often with the NGs, occasionally with the OGs (older generation).
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse