The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday September 15, 2004 at 13:47
mburwen
Founding Member
August 2001
Again, I am not sure this is the right place for this post, but I'll continue until Daniel or someone else tells me to move it.

The Navitus "SuperNudeList-like" facility is a general-purpose list manager that can be associated with any device. e.g., a list of TV channels, CDs, DVDs, etc. Sony calls it a "Component List." To create a list, one can input for each item, "Title" (31 chars max), "Disc (or channel) number", "Artist name", and "Genre." The software then provides various sorting options. Items in a component list may also be assigned to up to 9 user-defined groups called "User Lists." For example, "News Channels" might be a User List.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to associate a graphic with a list element, so TV channel logos or DVD jacket graphics can't be seen, although one could custom-design a list that did show graphics.

A facility like Sony's could easily be incorporated into ProntoEdit in my opinion - it is just a little database management system that Philips could probably OEM from half a dozen database software companies. I can see ways to make it much more elegant than Sony's.

I am compiling a table comparing Navitus features to the Pronto TSU7000 for the shop that loaned me the Navitus. If someone will tell me where to put it, I'll post it in the files section of Remote Central when I'm done with it. Email me instructions at [email protected].

The one thing the Navitus has all over the Prontos is the hard button design. It is fabulous.

Hosting Services by ipHouse