The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday October 16, 2005 at 09:11
willy4360
Founding Member
August 2001
Last night my TSU3000 was working fine. Using all the latest software available.

This morning I want to turn on my home theater and noticed the screen was on but very dim. When I touched the light button, nothing happened the same for the + and - buttons. So I thought maybe this is a firmware problem.

I connected the pronto to the PC and reloaded the firmware. Now there is light (never turn off) and there is contrast, but the pronto keeps changing pages and beeping.

I connected it again and tried to reload a earlier firmware, the process was easy, the pronto didn't respond and the firmware software told me to reset the device, etc. All went fine, but the same thing is happening. The pronto keeps changing pages and beeping by it self.

I took the Philips rechargeable battery to turn the TSU3000 off.

Any recommendations?

Update: I reloaded the latest firmware and the same thing keep happening. I then downloaded my PCF configuration (I didn't keep the configuration in the other firmware processes), but the same thing happens, now the screen is loosing conttrast, this is really crazy.

I took the Philips rechargeable battery (AGAIN) to turn the TSU3000 off.

Update 2: I can stop the page changing by pressing and holding the firm button 4 (far right). But no other hard button can be used. The soft buttons functions. But the screen lacks contrast and can not set it up. Now the screen is off and the ight too (no beeping or page changing). I will try to reflash the firmware now.

This remote is the first generation of TSU3000 that ever got out (Bought it from prontoedit.com). Serial number: 73463988

Willy.

This message was edited by willy4360 on 11/01/05 08:19 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse