The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday February 1, 2006 at 02:43
m2r
Lurking Member
May 2004
Thanks gents for the help. I have downloaded the file and fumbled my way thru the process to generate the .bin file. For the most part, the basic functions work. The only thing that I am confused on is the fact that there are some key buttons on my buffalo remote that aren't listed in the buttons that you drag over to the map, such as "setup" and "home" and "refresh" they aren't even listed.

When I built the pcf file, I learned every button on the remote, but the Y1058_pl.bin file or the jp1 .txt file that I "imported from clipboard" doesn't include these buttons. In fact, when I look at the buttons that you drag over from the "available functions" panel after importing, there are buttons that I don't recognize, like "A", "B", "C" & "D" or "mem card<->disc".

Is it not possible to convert the .pcf file to .bin file with all included buttons instead of relying on the Lite-on file?

One last question: Is it possible to rename the button labels on the remote that is displayed on the layout tab so that I can add these additional buttons?

Thanks for all your help on this guys!
MR

Hosting Services by ipHouse