Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday February 4, 2006 at 19:00
Matthew Zenkar
Long Time Member
January 2006
8's&Aces,

Thanks. This is a great idea for the "conversion" of the macro pages I have in my RAV-2000 for system power to an NG unit in the absence of conditional branching and variables that can be set/tested within the macro language.

I was wondering how I would do this, especially since you could use the touch screen to switch from "macro side" to "device side" in the RAV-2000 class devices without actually changing the page you were on in either section. Doh! You'd think that with an IQ in the mid 100's, I would have been able to figure that one out. :-O

So, I think I got this straight. To watch a device, go to it's page. The whole system powers on from a system power button (I'll probably use channel + and channel - since they are of little use to me) and sets the receiver input appropriately. Then, have a button to switch to the other sources (my significant other and I prefer to use the firm buttons for often used functionality like stop/pause/skip/ff/rw so I'll probably use soft buttons). When you do, it turns off the source you were watching, leaves all else on, turns on the source you want to watch, sets the appropriate receiver input, then jumps to the "want to watch" source device page. There would also be system power off buttons (channel - for me) on each source page, too, since some of my equipment (notably, my receiver) has separate power on/power off commands.

This would have worked well with the RAV-2000 class devices, too, and it would have negated the need to use the special "macro pages" for this type of functionality. Its no wonder that later gen prontos got rid of the separate macro page section.
All the best,
Matthew

Hosting Services by ipHouse