The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday January 11, 2006 at 15:11
Ray Rankins
Founding Member
February 2002
Lowpro - Thanks. I'll take a look at the TSU7000. If I can find one cheap enough, I may go for it. The wife would likely be impressed with teh color screen. However, I've been getting by just fine the past 4 years with a Pronto Neo and the only reason I'm looking to replace it is becuase the screen is a bit too small (Can't fit the additional buttons I'd like on certain pages for my new PIP and HD cable features). I'm thinking the TSU7000 is probably overkill for my purposes. I don't have an overly complex setup (just a receiver, DVD, HD cable box, ReplayTV, and PlasmaTV) and mainly just needed something that my wife could use to watch a DVD or cable TV with a single button press and easily change channels and volume. If I could get the TSU3000 to do the same thing for about $200 (which is about what I paid for my Neo 4 years ago), I'd probably be more than happy. I'm not having any problems with memory limits on my Neo, so I doubt I'd ever need the 32MBs of the TSU7000. However, rather than drop the extra bucks for the TSU3500, it does seem to make sense to go with the TSU7000 if I could get one for around the price of the TSU3500.

-Ray

Hosting Services by ipHouse