The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday February 12, 2006 at 18:30
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
I am presuming at this point in your Settings on the remote that you have Animation set to 'None'.

No matter how fast your PC does it, page jumps will ALWAYS be slower on the remote.

As far as the speed goes. The speed at which a page jump occurs depends on many things. Specifically, the Number of items on the page affects repaint speed and I've also found that the number of pages in the device may also have some effect.

As a recommendation, you should keep the # pages per device to <=100 and the number of items per page as small as possible.

As a test....

Ensure that each panel has a button with a delay. This used to be an issue with legacy prontos. I always put a 1x1 pixel button with tranparent image and 0.1s delay somewhere in a panel that will be used as an intermediate presentation.

One thing I might suggest to improve performance is to make your sliding window a single image such that it consumes only 1 item (a single panel). Then, make all your background items (things behind the sliding window) as one image which you can put into a panel. Then, on the page, you will have 2 panels, one for background and one for sliding window. Also include the 1x1 pixel button with delay. On these pages, you have exactly 3 items. In your page jump sequence, you can simply duplicate this page for the number of animation frames you want and reposition your sliding window accordingly.

Once you've done this test, this will be absolutely, positively the best performance you can get from the remote. However, please note that you should consider making your animations such that you jump 10-15 pixels for each frame. A 1 pixel per frame sliding window will never give you what you want as performance will be too slow.

Sorry for all the rambling as I just did a core dump on ideas in my head. Hope it makes some sense and others can get some benefit from it.

Last edited by Lyndel McGee on February 12, 2006 18:37.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse