Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 12, 2006 at 05:43
siemai
Long Time Member
December 2002
Hi!

When I tested some of the configuration files in the download area, I found one with a very interesting feature and wanted to implement it into my own configuration:

Animations with panels sliding into existing backgrounds and out again. That looks great!! (btw: it's the config file of Mike James called "Contest Entry #17: Theater Style
")

But....

I have some problems doing these effects in my configuration and with my RU980 (which should be the same as the TS7000).

I created a panel that is intended to slide in and out after pressing a certain button of a source screen. The sliding panel doesn't contain any functions or buttons but only help messages and symbols. I set up 5 different status of sliding in (and out again) for this panel, put the jump commands for the whole sequence of sliding panels into one button of the source screen and, at the end, a jump back to the source screen. Between each of the sliding panels, I entered a minimum delay of 0.1 sec (also tested with 0.15 sec and 0.2 sec).
The result looked pretty well on my desktop PS's simulator and so I downloaded the file into the remote. Unfortunately, on the remote, sliding doesn't work very well. It's not a smooth sliding in and out, but each single panel shows up very slowly and remains on the screen for about half a second or a second before jumping to the next sliding panel. This way, the whole action doesn't look like an animation at all!
I even tested the same thing on a configuration file which I reduced to a minimum size but it didn't look better. It seems that any tested delay times between the single panels are ignored on the remote and, maybe, the processor of the remote is too slow to show such sliding animations.

Is there a way of making movements faster/smoother?

Has anyone tried the same effects? Same problems?

Thanks for your help!

Hosting Services by ipHouse