The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday March 16, 2004 at 18:40
Archer
Founding Member
August 2001
Sorry about the delay in responding, been out of town.

I originally used Paint Shop Pro 8 to design the Forever Blue PCF. Then when I started the Black Lightning PCF I switched to a program named XaraX. I really like XaraX as it is a vector program which allows for easy resizing, streching and shrinking of the graphic without distortion. It also does great with imported bitmaps. If gives me much easier control on shaping and coloring a graphic than PSP8 did. Also the text function is much easier to use. For a few things I still use PSP8, such as erasing backgrounds, cropping and tinting a graphic. After I finished Black Lightning I went back to the Forever Blue PCF and redid most of the graphics in XaraX. I have all the graphics used in both PCFs in the XaraX format so the text is easliy removed or changed and the transparencies changed. Also the colors can be modified easlily on most of them except for the orange buttons (the orange part is actually a bitmap picture merged with the buttons. Anyone that wants the XaraX files can email me.

The cursor buttons can be changed in size and color with XaraX or you could take the PNG version in the PCF and use PSP8 and "tint" them to another color.

Dave

Jack of all trades..
Master of None

Hosting Services by ipHouse