The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday February 17, 2006 at 14:49
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
There are 613 CCF files that I have downloaded from various places (but mainly from [Link: remotecentral.com] ) sitting in a "CCF samples" directory on my computer.

For each one there is a .txt file with the DecodeCCF output from that CCF and a .text file with the URL where I got the file and usually some notes I wrote about which devices were supposed to be in the file and what protocol and device number each used (and/or info copied from whatever readme or other text description originally accompanied the CCF).

That took a long time to accumulate, but it's really just an extra minute each time I downloaded a CCF file.

Given a decode of some IR signal (I used JP1 version of IrTool on the signal you posted) I can run a search program to find all .txt files containing that signal and list the relevent line of each, so I can see if the function name in the CCF was plausibly related to the function in question. (This time each was clearly identified by the CCF as the TV power toggle). Then I can click over to the .text version from each listed .txt and grab the URL where I originally got the file.

It sure would be neat if RemoteCentral let everyone search for CCF files by decoded signal. But they don't. Only I have that resource, and on a somewhat smaller library of CCF files than RemoteCentral has (though usually large enough for the purpose).

Hosting Services by ipHouse