The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday February 21, 2006 at 08:00
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
Mike sent the same question to me by email. I prefer answering IR questions in forums, rather than by email. I usually spot any thread, like this, on the sort of topic where I often help. If you think I ignored such a thread, feel free to email a URL to call the thread to my attention, but keep the question in the forum.

In this case, I don't think I know enough about the HT1000 or the TSU-7000 to help any more than Lyndel and randman already are. But I have a few questions about the duration issue:

Was the original code a discrete On when used as a simple IR signal on the TSU6000? Or did you need to extend its duration on the TSU6000 to make it act as a discrete?

What method did you use for extending the duration of On and/or Off on the TSU6000? Whichever one it was, it WON'T work or the TSU-7000. I think some new versions of Pronto NG firmware support a direct method for extending duration. I don't recall whether the TSU-7000 does. If so, you should try that.

I don't think any harm was done by compressing the long form signal into the "900A 006D 0000 0001 0E09 08F7" form. There are ways to disguise a code to prevent that (probably what Lyndel posted is an example of that), but I think that is all the sidetrack from the original problem. I think the disguised code will act just the same as the compressed version.

Hosting Services by ipHouse