The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Sunday September 25, 2005 at 04:46
fleetz
Long Time Member
July 2005
I read the posts above and this is exactly the same issue that I am having. Exactly! Many hours and a with help from a friend who has his Honours in Computing Science and we couldn't get past this point where the USB communication somehow gets itself hung up and yet appears to be perfectly OK.

All the suggested tries and recommendations here also have been done. Totally frustrating. Can get the unit to work after rebooting computer but it might do 1 or 2 communications to the TSU7000 before hanging.

When the unit works from a reboot (which could also include a hard reset on the TSU) the "download from Pronto" can be quite stable, however after probably 9 or so hours of experimenting what I can tell you is that soon as you do a "Test IR" the commincation will hang 100 out 100 times, nothing will recover from here other that the PC and TSU reboot.

Done the reinstall USB driver no effect in stability. Only seen the Yellow explantion mark once, for all intention purposes the physical USB appears to be OK it look very much like a bug.

I had only used the following combination for about 4 or 6 hours
TSU7000 V2.1
Application Version 3.7.7
Database Version 3.52U
Bootloader Version Boot 4.25
PPENG 2.0.12.0
and it was bullet proof, really happy as I had only recieved the unit a few days ago. Closed the computer last night and started this morning and from then on all the problems that are already stated started. Well it was bullet proof in this first sitting as I had not discovered the "Test IR" function......wish I hadn't now.

Went to the Pronto site and downloaded the following
TSU7000 V2.1
Application Version 3.8.11
Database Version 3.52U
Bootloader Version Boot 4.30
PPENG 2.0.4.0
loaded the firmware and new PPENG and it does exactly the same thing. Reinstalled the USB driver again even though it wasn't reporting any issue and still no joy.

What we have found is that if you are in the "IR mode" and do more than two "Test IR" the system will hang. We have tried this many times without fail it will hang. We have got the same results on two seperate laptops, identical. The work around that my friend has found is as follows:

1. Hardware reset the TSU7000
2. In PPENG when the "IR mode" is envoked and you "Test IR" having captured a code set that you exit the "Add IR Code" dialog box after each "Test IR" is carried out. Do not repeat the "Test IR" more than two times in the same "Add IR Code" dialog box it will hang.
3. If you follow the steps in 2 you will not need to go to 1 again!

It appears that a buffer is not being cleared after each "Test IR" and may be causing the hang. By closing the "Add IR Code" dialog box it probably clears the buffer and doesn't go into overrun and ultimately hang. Well that the theory my computer expert friend has put forth whom without we would not have come up with the work around. (Thanks Michael!!)

The bottom line is that there is a BUG that Philips needs to resolve. How does one relay this to them as I have absolutley no joy in getting any response from them on a faulty hardware volume + button going through their customer support via their Pronto Philips site.

If someone who is well connected with Philips could pass this on as I believe this information will greatly assist them in resolving the communication issue that a number of people are experiencing. It is like any problem once you know what cause it the fix normally is not far away.

It has taken just on 10 man hours to arrive at the above positive conclusion. I would appreciate if the above information is of benifit to Philips that they arrange for someone from their customer support department to contact me about the volume button issue that is being totally ingnored.....it is the least they can do.

I hope the above helps those people who already have posted the identical problem on this excellent remote control resource website.

I will also post this as a new thread just in case it gets missed. I believe this is important to get to the attention of those connect with the Pronto team.

Back to where I was 10 hours ago ...programming a configuration.......or maybe to bed!

Fleetz

Hosting Services by ipHouse