The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday April 19, 2006 at 11:48
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
To see button properties, create a new page under the Home Device or any other Device. Double-click the new page to open it. On the right-hand side of the editor, left-click the new page. From the Keyboard, press Alt-B or from the Menu, click Insert->Button. The new button will appear on the page. Double-click the new button and voila, Button Properties.

The ultimate guide is a culmination of many best practices gathered from this site into a single location. Since you are new to this, I might suggest pressing F1 from inside PENG and reading the help text about inserting buttons, modifying buttons, etc... as the guide was written to build onto existing documentation.

After you've programmed/used the remote for 3 months, I hope that you will reassess your opinion of the guide as there is a tremendous value there.

And, if you do want to complain, you have the option email Dave D'Arche directly as his email addy is on his profile here.

Your complaint is the first I've seen about the value of the guide. Dave has also specified that he has been working on an update but I hope that you do realize that software typically moves faster than documentation.

Lyndel
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse