Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday February 22, 2007 at 17:13
digifro
Long Time Member
November 2005

OK i think i got it.

I did say job in the other thread but i never really run into this problem as i usually have remotes or some more help from the company in question. by the way about the other thread this is the first time that i have come here for help and being that i'm in a real jam I didn't know you guys were so quick and helpfull so sorry about that won't happen again.

OK back to the question at hand.

so what your telling me here is that as long as the code is in 5000 format the unit will understand and alternate the codes from one bit to the other. ie vol command needs to toggle other wise it will not work after sending the code once. now i'm guessing that the pronto itself toggles the command and not the device that receives the signal correct?

after looking t the makehex program again how does this program open? i have downloaded it and unzipped it but i will have to make a new IRP file if i read that readme correct. or should i just use the RC5 .IRP file don't really know where to go with that one.

The crestron system will only accept full IR codes from .CCF files. I know this sounds stupid but i don't know how to say itcorrectly so here it goes the codes i have now are only 24 characters long the crestron ir learning program will not accept these and prompts me with : "too few data bits" the only way it will take them if they are the long codes usually around 100 characters long. I know none of this terminology is correct but i don't want to use the wrong terms and confuse you with my stupidity. so just bare with me. the crestron system only accepts one code at a time not a whole .CCF file. so i still have to copy paste each code into the crestron learning program even if i make a whole program with 128 buttons. that is why it doesn't make that much fdifference to me.

let me know what you think.

thanks for your time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse