The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday February 22, 2007 at 16:52
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On February 22, 2007 at 16:38, digifro said...
well since i have no idea what a toggle bit is i doubt
that if crestron had something to handli it i wouldn't
know about it.

You said "job" in the other thread, so you ought to know.

Quick summary: Each system/command combination has two different signals. For most commands, you're not allowed to send the exact same signal twice in a row. The device would ignore the second one.

If you want to send the same command twice in a row, you must send one of the two signals the first time and the other one the second.

A Pronto Hex string beginning "5000" represents both different signals and the Pronto knows to alternate between them.

A Pronto Hex string for RC5 beginning "0000" (as generated by MakeHex) represents one of the two signals. If a Pronto uses that form it will always send the same signal and the command will fail to work if you use it twice in a row. (ProntoEdit may recognise the RC5 signal in 0000 form and convert it to 5000 form, so that wouldn't happen).

I need to get these RC5 codes into .CCF
format (as that is the only other way crestron will accept
codes from pasting otherwise it tells me "not enough data
bits") i have tried the direct RC5 codes in the past and
always no luck either learn with the remote or play as
i'm doing now with other remotes then learn into crestron.
not the most efficient but i found it works alittle better.

I don't understand what you're saying works and what doesn't.

I guess you're saying paste the "5000" form into the creston software doesn't work.
I expect that would mean puting the 5000 form into a ccf and then importing that wouldn't work either.
It sounds like you're saying there are also problems with learning.

thanks again. as far as the makehex program i have never
used it and i downloaded it yesterday after reading a
few threads but after reading the readme file i don't
know if that can help me right away.

I think MakeHex and IrPanels are exactly what you need. They would produce a CCF with 128 numbered buttons that can be imported (I assume) into the creston software. You would have the inconvenience that the button numbers are in decimal, while it sounds like your creston documentation is in hex. But that shouldn't be as hard to deal with as the other routes you have described.

Hosting Services by ipHouse