The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday February 22, 2007 at 16:18
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On February 22, 2007 at 15:56, digifro said...
one last question if you don't mind. as far as the modulation
or frequency goes is that usually specific to the remote
or the company ie. will LINN use the same frequency for
all their products or is it specific to each device or
command.

There is one standard modulation frequency for RC5. So far as I know Linn always uses RC5 and uses the standard frequency.

When you use the condensed Pronto Hex starting with "5000", the next number is ignored and the RC5 standard frequency is used. When you learn an RC5 the Pronto may store the frequency it thinks it learned in that position, which may differ from standard because some brand misuses RC5 or because Prontos aren't very accurate at learning the frequency. But that stored value won't affect the signal it sends. That would still be the RC5 standard.

I forget the official frequency from the Philips patent on RC5. But it is something close enough to 36Khz that no devices care about the difference if any between it and 36Khz.

are going to end up in a crestron system so i will have
to get them from here to there.

If that doesn't understand the form of Pronto Hex that begins "5000", you might want to use the MakeHex program, which can produce the more common form of Pronto Hex for RC5. In that case you would then need to manage the toggle bit issues. I have no idea what features a creston system has for managing toggle bit issues.

If you're going to teach codes to the creston from the Pronto and if that was the whole reason for programming the Pronto, then you're programming the Pronto the hard way. You could use MakeHex and IrPanels to quickly get a set of 128 numbered buttons programmed into the Pronto (for one system code), then teach whichever of those you want to the creston.

also are you familiar
with the different pronto and marantz programs? the reason
i ask is there is a way to punch the system and command
hex figures into them and let it spit out the code correct?

I don't know much about those programs. Some versions have the dialog that lets you directly key in the RC5 system and command numbers (in decimal, not as you have them in hex) and then construct the 5000 string for you. Other versions don't.

I assumed you were using a version without that dialog or you would have asked a different question.

Hosting Services by ipHouse