The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Monday November 13, 2006 at 07:58
smokinghot
August 2006
Erine,

I have already had my theory debunked by jgedde. Now your just picking on me...:)

It seems inconsequential at this point, but what I had in my head when it came to the movement was the magnet breaking loose after installation, ("while installed"). Although of course your right... speed can and does play a part in the voltage produced in the generator action I warned about. However there are other things to consider. The lack of speed can be compensated by the amount of traces being cut by the magnetic lines of force. Also keep in mind that someone not familar with apierre's remote (or someone else with this mod) and what is inside it might shake it around trying to figure out "what is moving around in there".

Of course the voltage if any would be small....miniscule to say the least, but do you know what that number might be??? Do you also know how much it would take to potenially screw up the software installed?? I don't, that's why it was a "caution" notice. I never suggested that the hardware was in danger. I stand by my original post. Better to comment and have it proven wrong, then to say nothing. That's the point of forums yes, no?

So far no one has disputed the point that there is the potential for voltage in my "worst case senario", only the amount of which could be produce and what would be necessary to cause problems. Even then it's only educated opinions and not hard numbers. If it wasn't for the truely educated opinions that have been posted on this thread, I would still have never considered installing a magnet in my remote. Not without hard numbers (which I still haven't seen) that disprove what I believed to be a valid concern.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse