The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday March 3, 2007 at 22:41
Michael Chapman
Lurking Member
June 2004
Just hoping others that have experienced dead batteries on Pronto remotes can give me a bit of feedback...

I have a RU 950 (TSU 3000) and a few days ago the remote stopped working unless it was placed directly on the base. Since base sits next to the TV, this isn’t much good as we had to get up and walk to the TV everytime we wanted to change the channel or whatever, and frankly my poor 30 year old bones are not up to that kind of physical exercise.

I have since put regular old fashioned AAA batteries in, and all is fine, but obviously want to get it back to it's previous rechargable glory.

I'm presuming that the rechargable battery has died and isn't holding a charge anymore, but in my previous experience, batteries have slowly lost their abillity to hold a charge, rather than happening overnight. Up to that fateful day, no loss of battery life was noticed.

I’m more than happy to buy one of the 3rd party replacement batteries if it's a simple fix, but wanted to check before paying postage to Australia.

Have others had the same or a different experience?

Any advice as to which battery to be buying?

Hosting Services by ipHouse