The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday March 21, 2007 at 20:27
tgrugett
Select Member
August 2004
Pronto Codes are relatively recognizable. Look at a few that you have learned and you will begin to see. These are not formatted for Pronto but rather raw data information.

Is this information from a chart? Can you mail the exact chart to my email on my profile?

One way to begin figuring out the puzzle without having to be an IR expert is to learn a code or codes from the native remote, paste it into IRTool Modified located here... [Link: remotecentral.com] to find the protocol, device number and function number of the command. Use this information to generate a complete list of possible code by using MakeHex found here... [Link: remotecentral.com]
To do this you open the .irp file that corresponds to the desired protocol and edit the device number. Once done, drag it onto the Makehex icon to generate your Pronto Codes. You can then use IR Panels found here... [Link: remotecentral.com] to generate a Pronto CCF file so that you can test all of the codes if you have a Pronto.

In regards to converting the raw info, you have to figure out how the manufacturer presents the data and discover what portion of the data makes up the protocol, device and function information. Use the codes generated with MakeHex to associate with the information from the raw data.

Someone else may have a simpler explanation but in my experience, once you get comfortable with the method(s) described above, it becomes fairly quick and easy.
If I had to do all of this AND build Pronto Hex codes manually from the raw data I would never finish my installations! It's hard enough as it is.

Hosting Services by ipHouse