Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday April 14, 2007 at 04:51
DanKurts
Founding Member
June 2001
iblong
I own a 727 and a CX777, which is similar to the 995. I've installed all three types many times. The search functions on each leave a lot to be desired. The 727 has a very limited amount of charachters for titles, Sony has more, but also has cover art or a selectable picture for the dvd or cd so it makes finding and recognizing somewhat easier. LowPro has an excellent solution for for controlling and organizing the Sony's. Most of my customers want ultra simple, so I've ended up using the Pronto for disc selection, but leaving the catagorizing options up to the user. I buy them a nice binder with big rings, and plastic sheet inserts that hold 3 or 4 cd/dvd's per page. They remove the cover art and put it in the binder, noting the slot number in the changer, and then keep a separate list on paper or use Excel to organize the list and keep up to date. I use Excel and do a several different sorts as to title, actor, musician, genre, etc. The sheets stay in the front of the binder. Finding a known movie is easy, or I let guests browse the cover art, find a slot number and then use the Pronto to get it. There are other ways to do it, too, but it really comes down to what you find easy to live with. The factory methods for each player are fairly limited, but do work okay. Both of mine work great. The only viewable difference for most people is when you A/B compare pictures on each, and have the Sony set for progressive played through a good quality plasma, like my Pioneer Elite. When they're set the same interlaced, it's hard to tell much difference. The SOny holds more, both are semi slow loading, compared to a single player, but easy to live with. The Pioneer is far easier to use for occasional single play of a disk that's not going to remain in it. The Sony crams the disks together so close, that even when you use the disk eject, you have very little to grab on to pull it back out. But, since 99% of what is going in will stay there, not a big deal. It's a deep box, with a bulge for the reader on the back, a bit more than the Pioneer. The Sony, being a much newer design, also plays MP3's and more dvd formats, if that matters to you. It has more advanced adjustments, outputs, search functions and more. For the small difference in price, I suggest the Sony. It's what I now recommend to my customers.
Dan

Hosting Services by ipHouse