Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday April 5, 2007 at 19:25
KrisSBoyd
Lurking Member
April 2007
Hi Guys,

I've recently purchased two Philip's Pronto NG 3500's to control the automation within my house but I've been having IR problems that I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction regarding.

My biggest issues are with my controlling my Sky TV (Satellite) box and IR lights that I have around the house with IR receiving pads in their actual switches.

Sky Box - I have been told by my home automation company that the Pronto's IR trasmitters can be too powerful and overwhelm the Sky Box. However, from 5-10 metres away the box intermittently picks up signal controls from the Pronto and then when you stand a metre away, with the Pronto aimed right at the Sky Unit, it works fine! Ironically I can aim the Pronto against the rear wall or side wall of the room and often get similar performance than straight at it from a distance (this seems to contradict the "IR too strong comments from my automation guys"?).

My issue with the lights is very similar, aiming straight at the lights and they almost never work, however bounce the IR off another wall (preferably behind) and you get about a 50% hit rate)

Thanks and I welcome any ideas (I have scrolled through most of the forums and have also messed a little with the delay settings via NGEdit software with only little difference so far)

Cheers,
KB

Last edited by KrisSBoyd on April 5, 2007 22:18.
KB

Hosting Services by ipHouse