Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday January 9, 2005 at 03:17
hansenmick
Founding Member
February 2002
I need some help with my TSU7k.....I recently got this one from Ebay:

[Link: cgi.ebay.com]

Obviously, the screen is toast....or so you would assume. When it got here, the first thing I noticed was the lack of the 'oil-slick' look typical to a broken LCD. I went to the local Fred Meyers electronics dept, grabbed the appropriate USB cable and a universal 12volt AC adapter, hooked everything up and WOW!!! I got me a working NG for $56!!!! Now for the sticky part: the part that is in fact broken is the glass under the touchscreen. I took it apart (I took lots of pics if anyone is interested), and tried to peel the plastic touchscreen from the broken glass, but I ripped the traces in a couple of spots. I took apart my TSU-1000 (same physical size LCD) hoping to sacrifice the old remote for the life of the new one. No luck....the touchscreen is different between the two. Call me cheap, but if there is a way to get a new/used NG touchscreen/glass unit without having to drop $260 ('Out-of-warranty-exchange' per Philips), then this would make me.....well.....VERY HAPPY!!!!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! If I am SOL, well, the I will send it in, as I had already planned (figuring it was a broken LCD).

Thanx in advance,

Mick Hansen

This message was edited by hansenmick on 02/09/05 19:05 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse