The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday July 1, 2007 at 02:02
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
There are three sets of codes for Sony VCRs, called VTR 1, VTR 2, and VTR 3. Sony still thinks VCRs should be called Video Tape Recorders.

You should do a search of the files section for these. VTR 3 is the most common. Search for it also as VTR3 without the space. Then try those commands.

I was looking for a file that I thought was here with all three, and came across this file with VTR 1 and VTR 3 in the old generation equipment:
[Link: remotecentral.com]

It's one of the ones for the SLV-960HF, and can be found at the top of Sony VHS VCR ccfs, Page 4. At least that's where it is in my browser. It's from Will Cunningham.

You could use that but you'd have to convert it to a pcf or copy and paste hex code.

If 1 or 3 don't work, search for 2. Also check your VCR to see if it says the code can be changed. Some had that ability, and then you would know which code set you want.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse