Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday July 7, 2007 at 02:09
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On July 6, 2007 at 18:20, Mrudo said...
For some reason the Directv will only recognize the IR
command some of the time, like 30%. The code is correct.
Any ideas?

When everything is correct but does not work correctly, then everything is not correct. I find in a situation like this that I have to back up at least one step.

How do you know the code is correct?

Did you perhaps accidentally write IR but mean RF? The thread says you have trouble with multiple RF signals (not commands), which led me to believe you had signals coming from more than one device. But then you say you have problems with an IR command. You have to have the IR commands working solidly before you can attempt to have reliable RF results.

Please clarify.

By the way, if you did mean IR, does the DirecTV only recognize the IR command from its own remote only about 30% of the time?

Oh, yeah, I just noticed you are only referring to power commands. Do all of the other commands work perfectly in IR and RF, but just the DirecTV power command is giving you problems?

I have seen problems like this when the LED is not placed perfectly, either too far from the IR window, or right on top of it overpowering it. Those problems occurred with different models. Have you experimented with LED placement?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse