Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday November 29, 2006 at 08:56
Mcmac
Lurking Member
November 2006
Hi jefezz

You're absolutely right: The MF remote *does* send a new code every time you push a button. I guess that is supposed to be some sort of protection against sitting on the remote and constantly sending the same command (I can't think of any other good reason...)

My solution:

1.) Record every possible code combination for every button using the pronto as scanning device on your pc. You may want to create a text document for every button and copy-paste the code strings in appearing order.

2.) You'll notice about 5 variations of the code: look at the length and the last digits of the code strings.

3.) Create your personal pronto GUI and copy-paste it so that you have as many optically identical versions as there are code string variations.

...see where this is going...?

4.) Provide the buttons on your fist GUI with the first code string you recorded. Then the same buttons on your second GUI with the second code string (and so on and so on...). I suggest you make one GUI with short code strings, then one with longer ones (and so on...)

5.) Use the "jump" function (sorry, not sure how it's called in english - german software on my device) to switch automatically from one GUI to the next after pushing a button. For example: I push the "stop" button on GUI 1 and my pronto switches automatically to GUI 2. Looks the same to me but this "stop" button uses another code string.

Sounds like quite some work - and is indeed. You may want to try using only three code string variations to save time. Works fine for me...

Greetz from Switzerland!
btw.: Are you happy with your A5 CD? My one seems to be what we call a "monday model" :-(

Hosting Services by ipHouse