The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday March 21, 2008 at 17:23
KrisRoberts
Long Time Member
March 2008
Not long ago I got a Pronto TSU7000 and have been super happy with it. I also got an X10 IR receiver and am in the process of setting up dimmer switches for my lights.

Once that is done, the only thing in my theater not controlled by the remote will be my Hampton Bay ceiling fan. It has an RF remote that sets the fan speed and turns its light on/off/dimm.

There must be a way to get the ceiling fan integrated with the pronto, right?

A lot of people have RF controlled ceiling fans and home automation systems, someone must have figured out a way to get it to work that doesnt require an engineering degree. Or does everyone just accept that it cant be done and move on?

I found this silly video about how to get it to work with an eHarmony remote. Theirs just does RF from the remote with no hastle?!?
[Link: expertvillage.com]

I also found this guys project with schematics for how to modify the controller. But that seems pretty hard core:
[Link: freshmeat.net]

Is there really no X10 compatible control module replacement for ceiling fans? Its a pretty simple system, I would have thought the people who make automation systems would provide an aftermarket replacement that you could control through the wires or with IR so it could be integrated easily.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by KrisRoberts on April 3, 2008 02:11.

Hosting Services by ipHouse