The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Saturday November 12, 2005 at 08:57
Eric Snow
Lurking Member
September 2005
Well, here's my resolution after much complaining, and several e-mails, many of which went unanswered.

I sent several e-mails to Eric Gybels, the first was answered quite promptly, in which I was told that Philips was working on a solution for the unresponsive touchscreen issue. After waiting patiently for 6 weeks or so, I e-mailed him again and got no response. Two more follow-ups went unanswered. The day after I sent my third follow-up I received a reply from the Presidential Liason requesting further details. I was told, by her, that Philips had come up with a repair solution at a cost of about $75 US, and to contact the customer service department for details, and if there were any problems to contact her again.

My call to customer service didn't go well. First, they had never heard of the repair procedure, and offered me the standard refurb for $160 deal. Needless to say, I declined their generous offer, since a used one can be had on e-bay for as little as $100. The second issue was that they wouldn't help me since I live in Canada. No customer service outside the US.....

I contacted the Presidential Liason once more, and advised her of the results of my contact with customer service. Much to my surprise, I was offered a brand new TSU3000. Needless to say, this offer was graciously accepted.

On November 3, while waiting for my new remote, I received an e-mail from Erik Gybels advising me that Philips had implemented a special repair procedure for the issue that so many of us have had. Below, is a copy/paste of that e-mail:

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

We have now implemented a special repair procedure for this problem.

Please contact our call-center at ( US (001) 888-486-6272 ) for further assistance

Kind regards

Erik Gybels

My replacement arrived November 10, brand new, in the box. Persistance is the key. Thanks Philips, for finally making good on this. I hereby retract my blanket condemnation of Philips, posted in the dead touchscreen thread.

Hosting Services by ipHouse