The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 258 made on Monday October 30, 2006 at 12:55
GordRocks
Founding Member
November 2001
There are some great ideas in this thread that I can't wait to try out. I just bought the Sony DVPCX995V player this weekend and I found out in a hurry why people are so disgusted with the Auto-Play function when turning it on. What a pain in the butt! I did find a work-around that saves some time. I created a macro which turns on the power and then 10 seconds later opens the door. That forces the player to stop its initialization sequence and I can then choose whatever disc I want to play. A lot quicker than waiting for the disc to finish playing all the manufacturers' First Play advertising.

The manual for the player had me nearly ready to return it to the dealer. What a piece of junk. I couldn't find any information on how to select a specific disc without using the Disc Explorer and it didn't take me long to figure out that I don't want to use that.

Anyway, now that I have those things figured out I'll be able to select the DVD I want to play by clicking on the appropriate icon. Pronto TSU-7000 to the rescue. What a beautiful thing the Pronto is. Without it I would have taken the Sony player back to the dealer.

.....Gord

Hosting Services by ipHouse