The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 194 made on Sunday December 11, 2005 at 17:05
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
The delay actions are only inserted so that the final loading page, jump to the transport controls page, and command to dim the lights complete just as the DVD starts playing from a given changer. No delay actions are needed to ensure the commands operate correctly, and if you notice there are no delay actions or loading pages during the time the IR codes are being sent to a given changer, only before and after, and most of the loading pages and delay actions happen after all IR codes are sent other than the command to dim the lights. For the longest time I did not have any loading pages in the macro. The macro would complete in 2 to 3 seconds and you'd just be sitting there on the transport control page waiting the additional 7 seconds or so for the changer to finish loading the disc. I never liked that. What do you really need to be doing with the remote during that time anyway? Accessing any of the transport controls is only going to interrupt the disc from loading successfully. I found it a much greater value to time the macro, so that it ends when the disc starts to play. Not only does this let the user know when movie is going to begin, it also allows for having the lights fade to black at just the precise moment. I do have longer delay actions after the first and last loading pages. This is done so that the user has enough time to read those pages, the first of which tells them the system is preparing to play the selected DVD, the last of which tells them the DVD is ready to play and they are being taken to the transport controls for the changer. The important thing to remember here is that I am not extending the time it takes for the changer to load the disc. I am only extending the length of the macro while one waits for the changer to load the disc.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 21:35.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse