The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 159 made on Thursday October 20, 2005 at 14:57
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
I do maintain alphabetical order within each letter's worth of pages.

Under each DVD Lobby device in my .pcf file is a copy of this temporary background image.

I place a copy of this background image just behind the DVD cover image buttons on the pages I need to jog DVD covers down on. After jogging however many covers down to make room for a new cover, I add that new DVD cover image button, then delete the temporary background image. Prior to deleting each temporary background image I do spot check quickly to make sure none of the DVD cover images are out of alignment.

This can take some time to get used to, but unless you maintain a true a-z order it defeats the purpose of all of this. It does not take that long. One tip I have is to use the arrow keys on your keyboard. Just quickly drap each image over the needed spot/s, and if you don't drop it spot on just use the arrow keys to get the alignment perfect so that no green is showing on any side of the DVD cover image button. Using the arrow keys in this regard makes the process much less tedious. Once you get the hang of it you will be glad you took the time to keep each letters worth of DVD covers in the proper alphabetical order as well.

I have 14 pages worth of DVD covers for titles starting with the letter "S" for instance. Trust me, I know. When I add a title which starts with "Sa.." for instance, it really sucks to have to jog 14 pages of DVD cover images down one spot. I just take it one page at a time and don't think about all 14 pages that I have to do. It still only takes a few minutes in the end and well worth it in my opinion. I look at time spent with my .pcf as a break from the rest of the crap I have going on. The 10-15 minutes I spend updating my .pcf file (and downloading to the remote) at any given time for adding new titles is R&R for me. I just crank up the tunes on XM and have at it. :-)

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 21:26.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse