Pass:

Original thread:
Post 102 made on Tuesday November 23, 2004 at 22:38
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On 11/23/04 21:14 ET, wyzard said...
Hey Lowpro...

How did you grab the covers from DVD Profiler?
I use it too, but not sure how to get the covers.
Can you provide a little tutorial on how to go
about it, the size needed for the Pronto (I'm
using a TSU3000) and any other important information....

It's greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The default location DVD Profiler installs to is, "C:\Program Files\DVD Profiler". In the "DVD Profiler" directory there is a subfolder called, "Images". This is where you will find all the image files you see in DVD Profiler, both full size and thumbnail pics of the front and back DVD covers.

I copied all the front DVD cover pics from this folder to a working folder, opened up Photoshop, created an action which resizes each pic to the size I wanted, and saves them as 256 color bitmaps. For use with your TSU3000 you would want to record an action which resizes the pic accordingly, converts the image to greyscale, then saves the image as a bitmap. Once I created my action, I then performed this action on all the pics in that folder in one shot, via the "File->Automate->Batch" option. After that, I manually renamed each pic by the collection ID shown in DVD Profiler, versus upc code as DVD Profiler had named them. If you look a few replies up I give the size I use for the DVD covers in my pcf files.

Also, prior to loading the DVD's in your changers it is important to make sure your DVD Profile is completely updated and set to go. Two additional notes on this are detailed below.

1) Each and every disc in your DVD collection you plan to load in the changers must be entered in your DVD Profiler as you will be loading your changers by collection ID.

Depending on the size of your collection this can take quite some time, but it is worth the effort. For the collection ID's in your DVD Profile which include multiple discs, you will have to create redundant entries to account for each of those additional discs. As you add these entires to your DVD Profile you will need to reassign all collection ID's by title. Once this process is complete, you are ready to load the DVD's in your changers and work up your pcf file.

2) Once your current DVD collection is loaded in your changers it is important from that point forward to not reorder the collection ID's in your DVD Profiler application as you add new DVD discs.

As you are adding new DVD discs to your DVD Profiler and DVD changer, both the collection ID's and DVD changer slot's are going to correspond. This is why it is important to not reorder your collection ID's in DVD Profiler after initially loading your changers. Your actual PCF file is the only place you will need to maintain the a-z order, and this will only entail jogging a letters worth of DVD cover images down to make room for the new DVD cover image.

-Lowpro

This message was edited by Lowpro on 11/23/04 23:22 ET.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse