Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Wednesday September 1, 2004 at 23:56
Ti-maniac
Long Time Member
March 2004
I ordered my CX777ES today.

Its to bad you can't set up a relational database in PPENG for the 7000 for the DVD image icons. You have them sorted by alphabet, roughly. Within each letter is there additional sorting? Probably not after your initial collection ID. Unless you specifically jog first in DVD Profiler and reorder accordingly within each letter. You are right that you only have to organize a particular letter's worth of icons.

It would be nice to be able to sort by other parameters, like Rating, DVD date, and others.

I downloaded a demo copy of DVD Lobby 3.0 with Main Lobby and it does have a relational database built in, but it doesn't work very well. I am not that impressed with it. The sorting doesn't really work that well, at least the GUI doesn't seem to perform correctly. For example you have to scroll up and down to get the sorted version. So this solution is not that appealing anyway, agreeing with your previous post regarding DVD Lobby.

It seems that the 7000 should have more intelligence like this. Perhaps just dreaming. But it does have a processor internally and this could be implemented.

Hosting Services by ipHouse