Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 66 made on Wednesday September 1, 2004 at 00:03
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
You are welcome Ti. :-)

"One moe question: Why do you use so many B&W pages for your deck and alphabet pages? I would think color pages would be more appropriate on the TSU7000? Is it the 32 MB issue?"

The main reason I have not used color in my navigation pages up to this point is to save on memory. Once the full 32 megs is available I will be able to go with a full color .pcf if I so choose. I must say though, I am very attached to Daniel Tonks graphics and layout design. I was able to easily custom tailor it to my own needs and the color that is in my .pcf file jumps out in a way I think with the whole .pcf not being in color. For now I am just going to save what little memory I have left for DVD pic related items. I want to create themed submenu pages as well for all the DVD titles in my collection which contain more than one disc. That 32 megs will be just what the doctor ordered. :-)

DVD Profiler could be better I some ways Ti, I agree, but I have been happy with what it can do for the most part. I only need the details for any given title with the first collection ID. With the actual program at home here those redundant entires do have the DVD cover images as well. I copy and paste them within the interface. The actual program is much better than the web view, but they host your DVD Profile to be viewed by anyone on the web for free. You can't complain there. I have had my DVD Profiler since it first came out. There were no other programs such as this at the time, at least that I knew of. For $20 it was a no brainer. My DVD Profile on the web does have the collection ID's reordered by title. I did this so that people do not have to reorder my profile when it comes up to view things in order by title. The collection ID's in my DVD Profiler application are in the actual order they are loaded in my changers.

My updating process for new titles is below if you were curious. I don't remember whether I've described the process in this thread or not, so here goes.

I buy a new DVD title, add it to my DVD Profile, copy the front DVD cover image from the DVD Profiler interface and paste it into Photoshop as a new file, save the image without reducing its size named by collection ID to a "Master DVD Cover Images" folder, reduce it to the size needed for import into PPENG, and then save to my "PPENG DVD Cover Images" folder. I have an action setup for this in Photoshop, so all I have to do is hit this play button and the image is resized, and saved as a .bmp to the directory I need it to go into for later import. At this point my .pcf has already loaded in PPENG. Using my "DVD Cover Moves Background" image available in my .pcf, I am able to quickly jog the appropriate DVD cover images down keeping accurate placement in order to make room for the new DVD cover image. I add a button to that page, link it to the proper macro, import the DVD cover image, align the button placement, delete the temporary background image, save the file, and download to the remote. Of course the DVD disc itself goes into the changer in the next available slot. Additional tid bit here ... all 1200 macros for loading the slots in all 3 changers are already in my .pcf file. Each macro not only loads the DVD from the proper changer slot, but also cues up the rest of my home theatre system, and lastly jumps to the transport control page for the proper DVD changer.

It sounds like a lot of steps, but takes no time at all. I will open my .pcf file and walk away till it finally loads, then sit down and go through this process described above which takes only a couple of minutes. It's really a cakewalk.

-Lowpro

This message was edited by Lowpro on 09/09/04 22:46 ET.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse