The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 308 made on Wednesday March 5, 2008 at 15:18
Derwood
Long Time Member
July 2006
I just installed the IPAQ 1945 touchscreen today. It works but you have to calibrate a little different. You have to actually click more on the outside arrow in each corner to get it to work. It took a few times but it did work. I also tried dragging the stylus from the corner diagonally in towards the dot to see where it was accepting the signal. The backlight is out on this unit though. Through reading another post I have confirmed that the D381B EL driver chip is not outputting the voltage to drive the backlight. I have contacted the company about the replacement component. I will post if all goes well. If any one is still having the touchscreen problem I recommend the IPAQ replacement, It is just slightly smaller than the original but you can not tell once it is back together. If anyone is interested I am willing to offer a service to replace the touchscreen and\or the backlight driver chip once I confirm that all is well. I won't actually change the backlight (EL Panel) but the chip that drives it which may be the problem with most units. If anyone thinks they might be interested let me know. The touchscreens are available on Ebay.

Hosting Services by ipHouse