Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 305 made on Friday December 21, 2007 at 14:48
ossocao
April 2004
I was fixing a TSU3500 today and noted something. Philips DO know a lot about the touchscreen problem and should have make a recall.

In the 3500 there is a cut in the plastic of the LCD frame, this opening alow the ribon of the touch not to fold completly (to avoid loss of contact with the glass).

By the way I had made this mod in a lot of 3000 I fixed, exactly just like philips did in the 3500. Olny difference is that the 3500 has no light sensor so there is more space for the ribon. In the 300 the acrilic condutive of light has to be cut too to make space for the ribon.

Also philips gluded the ribon in the board of the latest 3500, so itīs hard to change the touchscreen. A foam was also puted to hold the ribon in place.

Note that I opened some 3500 before and this adaptation where not there, proplably Philips readed this post and made the changes to avoid the problem in the latest 3500s.

The hard buttons has now a soft fell in the3500s. I donīt like it. Thas due to a mod in the contact layer tha now has a new layer of plastic over the contacts. Donīt know why they changed that a down side in my opinion.

Last edited by ossocao on December 21, 2007 15:28.

Hosting Services by ipHouse