The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 283 made on Thursday September 27, 2007 at 15:19
jw2k_fr
Long Time Member
September 2007
My first pronto had been sat unused in a box for two years, so when I came to use it, it lasted for about three weeks before the same problem happened as most people have seen here.

I followed the hallowed pinprick method and it appears to have worked. I have taken a couple of photos which may help anyone else who tries this.

Firstly, the green surround which sits over the top of the touchscreen needs to be removed as has been mentioned previously. I found a trick which makes it easy - get hold of something flat and soft like a plastic ziptie and slide it across the screen in the direction of the red arrow and push against the clip you can see in the photo (push towards the outside of the pronto to unhook it). The surround will come away very easily as soon as this unclips.

Slide under here

Secondly, here is a picture of the four contacts you need to puncture. Press with a needle or scalpel downwards (in relation to the picture), but don't expect it to go very far as the ribbon itself is sitting on the glass body of the touchscreen. If you can see dents in the ribbon, you may have done enough. I didn't go so far as to puncture anything, but I have no idea how long my pronto will stay fixed.

Contacts ringed in red

Don't be afraid to have a go, the biggest challenge is probably getting the size6 Torx bit. Make sure to clear yourself a decent workspace and lay the parts out in the order in which you removed them. DON'T FORGET THE FIFTH SCREW which is holding the touchscreen circuit board onto the front cover!

Good luck!

Hosting Services by ipHouse