Pass:

Original thread:
Post 191 made on Tuesday June 27, 2006 at 21:50
qzered
Lurking Member
June 2006
hello all,

old to the site, new to posting :)

just thought i would share my oppinion on the issue.

to start i have always loved the pront remotes because they gave me the most programming flexability/fuctionality of all the remotes in that price range. however, selling them to my clients i quickly learned was the wrong move. tsu-2000: docking station issues, tsu-500(neo): self explanitory, tsu-3000: infamous touch screen. i only sell HTMs now for clients wishing to stay with in that price range (there is a company that really has it together, and i'm not just saying that cause thier office is right down the street ;p;p ).
but back to the subject, i would have to agree with perav. after reading his post it reminded me of an issue very similar with elan's via panels. the problem ended up being the four contacts were not making a good connection. elan quickly found and resolved the problem. i decide to take apart one of the many 3000s that i have here and try his solution. while it did not fix my problem, i did notice that when i apply a good amount of force on those four connections the screen worked perfectly, and when i let go no response. exactly like the va panels. this would make me think that that is where the problem lies and that phillips just insists on pushing out products b4 they even know if they fully work.
anyway, thats just my thought on the issue. i figured i would share it since i feel all of your pain. im sure some of you have moved on to fully functional remotes by now any how.

p.s- thank you remote central and all members for all the years you have helped me with my remote problems. this site has helped me get home in time for dinner many nights, ty all :)

qzered

Hosting Services by ipHouse