The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 189 made on Friday June 23, 2006 at 10:39
fransvdmb
Lurking Member
June 2006
I just had the same problem with my Pronto RU950/00 V3.2. and could solve it with the "cleaning contacts" procedure.

However there seems to be some confusion about "cleaning the 4 contacts at the top right of the screen" as there is no connector or open/accessible contacts to clean.
The touch screen is connected through a flexible plastic foil with 4 copper lanes, running from behind the screen and which seems to be glued to the metal terminations on the glass surface of the touch screen. I found it very easy to restore good contact at the 4 points by puncturing the 4 spots several times with a sewing needle. And the screen works fine now. But I have no long time experience! So I may have to repeat this operation eventually.

There is a lot of good information to execute this procedure spread over several posts .

Below I tried to join the main pieces, and remember my disclaimer: I do not take any responsibility of this fix - you try it at your own risk! And you need some device disassembly/assembly experience and a torx tool to execute these steps !!!!

- Remove the 4 torx screws (size T6) at the bottom of the Pronto;
- Open the case by runing your fingernails in the groove and pry it open.
- Remove a 5th torx screw on the top of the circuit board and remove the circuit board from the Pronto casing;
- Take off the green rim round the touch screen. The left side can be lifted, but the right side needs pressure towards the outside (near the mute button) due to a plastic tab that fits in underneath. (reassemble it in reverse order);
- Puncture de 4 contact spots 3 to 4 times with a sewing needle, applying good pressure to reach the glass surface;
- Connect the rechargeable battery pack, or reassemble sufficiently to put the batteries in and test. If no success try to add a few additional punctures.

It worked at the first attempt for me! Good luck

Thanks to bongiornoa, PeraV, and many others.

Last edited by fransvdmb on June 25, 2006 10:06.

Hosting Services by ipHouse