Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 133 made on Saturday October 1, 2005 at 10:11
JohnGrayson
Founding Member
May 2002
And it goes on...

Here is my status report (especially since I was identified by name in a ProntoTeam posting).

I eventually received 2 rechargeable packs from Philips (the first one
was delayed by being sent to Warwick, UK instead of Warwick, RI, USA
(I have not lived in the UK since 1983...).

The TSU3000 replacement they sent me now sits as a monument to indescribably bad customer service, software and quality assurance. I won't use it again - considering the hours that I put into it to get an interface I wanted (and I used many GUI features from Mr Tonks as a starting point) the quirky behavior, slowness and crappy backlight - I prefer the simplicity of the Harmony (and I can even get the latest, more capable model for a total for 2 remotes that is less than I wasted on the TSU3000 and its charging cradle (has anyone considered what a rip-off that cradle is? $70 +/- plus shipping for a wall-wart, plastic castings and minimal electronics?).

Philips still seems to be in denial believing that they have seen only a small sample of their customer base - I wonder how many TSU3000s are out of action in the world outside RemoteCentral (lots of users don't even know it exists).

I continue to tell anyone who will listen to the Pronto saga and, to date,
I have warned off 3 intended Philips purchasers - they have bought Harmony remotes.

BTW: I predict that Philips will announce a fix for the firmware on March 14 (pridie idus Martius)...

Hosting Services by ipHouse