The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 132 made on Saturday October 1, 2005 at 09:38
Morellaa
Long Time Member
June 2005
Count me another victim of the touchscreen problem and of Philips poor customer service. I used the remote with no problem on Thursday night. On Friday morning the touchscreen would light up, but the LCD buttons would not resond. I tried to reset it, pulled the battery, recharged the battery, nothing worked.

I've only had the controller 7 months so I checked the warranty card that came in the box and found that it has a one-year warranty. I followed the instructions to arrange for a replacement to be sent. The young man on the other end asked me to check the firmware version to confirm it is the latest. I had just upgraded earlier in the week. So he agreed to give me an RMA number and instructed me to send in the remote with all of its components (never mind that there are no components other than the remote). I read to him the warranty card that clearly states that Philips would send me a replacement, then I should return the defective unit in the same box. He said that his system says that I am to send in my unit and that he would have to get someone from Customer Relations to see if they could help.

After a long hold, a young lady came on to tell me that I needed to send in the unit. I again read her the warranty card and she told me that was only for the more expensive remotes and that it must have been put in the box by mistake. She said that if I checked the owners manual I would see that I have to return the unit for repair that this was not a model that they replaced. My owners manual says nothing about the warranty.

So far I have over $500 (controller, RF extender and charger) and dosens of hours of my time invested in a controller that has lasted only 7 months. Then Philips, and the nice lady in "Customer Relations" insults me by telling me that I have the inexpensive unit that doesn't warrant replacement.

I'm not through yet. Come Monday I will take another stab at reaching a reasonable customer service employee at Philips.

The irony is I really like this product. When it works.

Count me disapointed and frustrated,
Aldo

Hosting Services by ipHouse