The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 65 made on Sunday July 31, 2005 at 09:06
sally marie
Long Time Member
July 2005
Both my Prontos (NG TSU3000) were purchased in Sept 2003 . The seriel numbers are 73639975 and 73597630. They stopped working 2 days apart. After reading this forum, I called Philips and paid $155.00 by CC over the phone for the privilege (ha) of mailing mine in and getting a new one . I kept asking the guy if this was really a NEW one or a refurbished. He kept saying new but I know it probably won't be. I just purchased a new one at Best Buy, only because I wanted a 3rd Pronto anyway. $400. So the next day, as I was getting ready to send 1 Pronto in, my other one (not the new one) stopped working just like that. Touchscreen failure on both! Tried to recalibrate and now both are stuck on that. So, now because I am going to send both Pronto's in, I have to get a 2nd Rma number from Pronto. I asked them how long a warranty was on the new Unit and the guy said there was NONE. I figured if something happened to the new pronto's he sends me, I can probably get them to honor fixing those for free. The TSU 3000 is convienient, but I am back to using all 5 of my remotes now. I always used the Tivo Remote anyway, because it was faster than the Pronto response. So, thats my saga. 2 Prontos that crapped out within days of each other. Almost like they were pre-programed to fail in a 2 year time span, so you would have to purchase a new one. When you spend $400 on a remote for pete's sake, you expect it to last till its obsolete.

Hosting Services by ipHouse