The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 60 made on Wednesday July 20, 2005 at 04:22
slapo
Lurking Member
July 2005
I am a long time lurker of RC and today when I returned from a two-week vacation my remote just wasn't working. No one had used it in the two weeks I was gone and it was working fine before I left. The touchscreen is just all of the sudden unresponsive, although the hard keys get the remote to light up. I upgraded the firmware... no luck. So I came to RC and, low and behold, there's a thread a mile long on this issue beginning only in the last month! That seems way to coincidential to me. I've helped a lot of friends program their remotes and I am just waiting for the calls to start rolling in on why their's simply stopped working.

Clearly this must be a manufacturing/firmware defect of some sort for which Philips should be held accountable. I'll be sending them a letter because it seems emails aren't doing the trick. I'll keep everyone posted (pun intended) and checking back in case someone figures out how to fix the thing! I'm just happy to hear I'm not the only one out there. Thanks for the posts...

This message was edited by slapo on 07/20/05 23:39 ET.
Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse