Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Tuesday January 27, 2009 at 12:36
ZackMack
Lurking Member
January 2009
Dear Jonh

It seems to work like a charm.

I did use the vantage ir learner in a dark shroud with both new batteries in remote and learner. Only one code of about 40 learns worked, which also reported xmp 71.17, so I was confident that the protocol was correct.

My concerns may be some generated codes not working, as i have heard about half codes inverted and between codes?

I dont understand the sequencing entirely and wondered if manufacturers could deviate from the raw protocol.

I used the "learned codes" in irtool to examine obc placements and substituted them with the 'generated file codes'. Keypress 0-9 were indeed device ids 0-9 ch up was 134 and ch down 133, these all work very well - athough i havent the chance to test the other 80 or so functions.

This seems to be a far more reliable and concise method of generating codes, for example I took a few learns from other devices, namely my LG lcd -" NEC1 device 4 " and am going to regen and compare learns to the gen files.

Thank you so much for all the good "and hard" work, This codeset is going to be greately appreciated from half the country as it is the defacto set-top-box distributed by the ONLY satelite broadcaster currently on the continent.

Last edited by ZackMack on January 27, 2009 13:50.

Hosting Services by ipHouse