The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday February 3, 2003 at 01:01
knlittle
Long Time Member
January 2003
There are some small options out there for computers that aren't wimpy laptops. I refuse to build systems with out a computer incoporated. There are some form factors out there that you might not be aware of. One is the shuttleX that runs on a mini pc form and the other is a micro pc. Personally I like the shuttleX since you can build one top of the line massive ass kicking gameing machine (hooked up to your HDTV w/dvi) and then with a 200 gig hard drive filled with mp3s hooked up to your AVR...so I now have a digital juke box with over 1600 cds on it..check these links as you will see that the shuttleX isn't much bigger than a toater, with some future planning you should be able to put one in the cabinet with the rest of the gear and run a wireless keyboard mouse set w/it.
[Link: www6.tomshardware.com]
and
[Link: firingsquad.gamers.com]
But still I agree that anyone buying the ipronto is buying high end gear and demands versitilaty and customization of their systems. To not have the RF feature is insane and to have to work so hard for a work around is just ridicuolous.

Hosting Services by ipHouse