The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday March 4, 2003 at 20:03
Fred Forlano
Long Time Member
June 2002
Just got finished with a Philips training the other day, and asked the emulator (and other) questions. Here was the response:

1) No emulator included because the unit is connected via WiFi, and it's faster to load the older prontos, so just load the software into iPronto to test. BTW, the ONLY way to load software into it is via WiFi (NO serial, USB or other cord attachments.)

2) The unit is FAR from being a Crestron-level item. It's designed to bring advanced features to your remote control, but by no means was it meant to be a substitute for a RS-232 based unit. There IS a 'Super Box' coming at the end of the year with RS-232 (and other) add-on functions, but it's still not suppose to take the place of a Crestron where that device's capabilites are needed.

3) You WILL be able to hide devices with the next update. That was an oversight according to Philips.

4) Hard Key reassignment was an intentional design, so they can be used like the fixed volume and channel keys, just with more versatility.

Just my $.02 worth.

Call me ][shmael
"I have been marked once, my dear and let me assure you, no needle shall ever touch my skin again." -- Erik Magnus Lensherr (Magneto)

Hosting Services by ipHouse