Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday March 28, 2003 at 22:29
Ed Casares
Long Time Member
February 2003
Fred,
From what ive gathered from the pronto team at philips it will be several months before these devices are ready(software wise) The main focus seems to be on connectivity of the device to other devices. Wifi to Ir and rs232 compatibility first. Personally i wouldnt have even bothered with IR at all with this product. I know that the picture viewer, mp3 player(both streaming and sd card)
Try to filter all the negativity you read on this site.
Understand that philips has a lot of cash invested in this product and they will come thru with the goods. They are involved with a foreign government implementing this product and know very well what this product has the ability of doing. For all intense purposes right now this product is a tsu6000 with a web browser built in. It has a lot bigger display than a tsu6000 and understand that they have a working realtionship with Crestron in developing software. The main diffrence between this product and a crestron is the crestron product is an industrial grade product with industrial grade performance. IF you have no paitence, as ive seen many times in this forum, this prouct is simply not for you. Not yet anyway. Philips has come through with everything we have asked for in their pronto line. And we continue to give feedback to improve their line every step of the way. I'm curently waiting for the wifi to ir adapter for my first installation. It will be out in June or so. I will start building an icf file for this installation once the Ipronto edit update becomes available next month.
Its a kewl remote which is a totally diferent product from the previous pronto's. Keep the faith and I will update fellow owners with all the help I can.

Hope this helps,
Ed Casares
[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse